I absolutely love New Years. It is technically just another day, but there is nothing like the idea of a fresh slate. I love setting goals and thinking about all of the potential that the next year holds.
Even though I didn’t blog at the beginning of 2012, I still had set some goals so I thought I’d share those and how I did!
– Get Married: Check! And it was hands-down the best day of my life!
– Read 52 books: Fail! I only read 20 books this year… and only 1 from May – November. Who knew wedding planning and Ironman training would take up so much time? 😉 My favorites: 11/22/63, Divergent/Insurgent, and Sharp Objects
– Join LinkedIn: Fail! I never joined, but I am starting a new job next week (within the same company), so good things happened in 2013.
– Max out 2012 and 2013 Roth IRA Fail!: I ended up choosing different routes for investing and concentrating on my 401(k).
– Finish a sub 7 hour HIM: Check! I finally conquered running long after the bike and ‘ripped’ out a 2:16 half marathon for a 6:52:40 finish. My other previous HIM run times were 2:53:53 and 02:53:57
– Run a 4:20 marathon: Fail! I only ran 2 marathons in 2013 (besides IM Arizona), but Disney was too much fun to PR and I hit the wall hard at Flying Pig. I hurt just remembering it.
– New 5k PR: Check! I blew my PR of 26:00 out of the water with a 23:50 at the Garmin Marathon 5k in April.
– Complete an IRONMAN Check! The 3rd best day of my life! Recap coming soon.. I swear!
– Run 1,000 miles: Fail! I’ve been chasing this goal for 3 years now. I still wouldn’t have made it, but my count is worse since from about July – mid September, I didn’t keep track of my workouts. Major fail. I still clocked in at 640 miles.
Yikes. 4 out of 9 isn’t very good.. but considering 2013 was hands down the best year of my life, I’m willing to let it slide.
Some highlights from the year include!:
January – Running the Goofy Challenge at Disney!
April – Paul qualifying for Boston with a 3:03:16 run at the Garmin Marathon
August – Getting Married!
August – Honeymoon in Key West!
November – Becoming an Ironman!
November – Vacation Roadtrip from Arizona to Kansas City!
I wish you the best New Year’s Eve and a very Happy New Year!!!!! Stay safe!!